XSServer / Taking down a spam friendly provider

Gavin Pearce Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com
Wed Oct 26 20:10:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:12:33AM -0400, Chris wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations of where to go next because I'm
> just limited to doing a whois on the IP address, emailing the abuse
> contact and tracerouting.

Chris,

Can't help much - but can say we find ourselves in a similar boat.

As a rule of thumb, we systematically block, log, and report *every*
spam, virus & brute force etc attempt we receive against any of our
devices.

In the past three years, only one company has ever responded to an abuse
request (CampaignMonitor to name & honour them), though there are
definitely some other good guys out there (a large number of them on
this list)!

[We don't apply the above logic for spam sent to email destinations, for
obvious reasons]