Outgoing SMTP Servers

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Oct 25 22:16:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> Put another way, your mechanism rewards those
>doing the wrong thing while punishing those of us
>sending our email via encrypted and authenticated
>mechanisms.

Owen,

If you're doing the "right" thing, sending email via encrypted,
authenticated mechanisms, then you're doing it TCP ports 587 or 443.
Where Mike's mechanism obstructs you not at all.

If you're still doing the wrong thing, trying to talk to remote SMTP
servers on TCP port 25, why should his mechanisms not punish you?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004