Outgoing SMTP Servers

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Oct 25 21:56:17 UTC 2011

No no no no no.

The problem with your theory below is that:

1. It is by far best for users to authenticate to send mail.

2. Your "solution" works only for unencrypted unauthenticated users that ignore the certificate presented by the mail server.

Put another way, your mechanism rewards those doing the wrong thing while punishing those of us sending our email via encrypted and authenticated mechanisms.

That's a very bad thing.

Owen

Sent from my iPhone