the route is not in our bgprouter

Patrick Sumby patrick.sumby at sohonet.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 13:35:34 UTC 2011

If your provider has a looking glass then that is a good start to see if
they have the route in their routing tables. http://www.traceroute.org/
is a good start for searching for a looking glass on their website.

Have you checked to see if you're actually recieving the route? You may
be getting the route but not installing it into your routing table for
some reason (eg invalid next hop or a router from another provider is
being prefered). Do you have prefix lists inbound from your provider
that could be blocking a route?

show ip route X.X.X.X
and
show ip bgp route X.X.X.X

will give different information.

If you've covered the above and not found the answer then try talking to
your provider.

Regards
Patrick