Please change Mailman back to NOT force the rewrite for Reply-to

Lynda shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Sat Oct 15 23:15:49 UTC 2011

On 10/15/2011 3:23 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

Well, *now* I know it's not mailman, but it's not me, either. Not
exactly. What I noticed was that *some* of the email to Nanog, today,
had this set, but not all. I was very confused (it's not the first time
I've been confused, of course).

> Your message, frex, did not have reply-to munged; I had to do it by hand
> (since Zimbra 6 is still too stupid; I've had that bug open for over 2 years
> now; maybe 7 fixes it).  One reply to you did, but the rest did not.

Yeah, Mr Peach set an evil trap for me. I'd been about to send him a
private email (on something of absolutely no importance), and when I
realized it went back to Nanog, was puzzled enough to check to see
whether it had been changed. Cleverly, I tested replies to a couple of
other emails, and as luck would have it, one was my own (and tbird has a
stupid habit of knowing that if it's a mailing list, I surely meant to
send it to the list), and the other two were both to Mr Peach.

Sorry for noise.

Back to making sure Geoff H believes us, and keeps right on sending the
reports.

--
Last week we lost a giant in the world of computing.
Last weekend we lost the giant on whose shoulders he stood.