[outages] News item: Blackberry services down worldwide

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Fri Oct 14 09:11:05 UTC 2011

On 13/10/11 19:56, Jared Mauch wrote:
> Rebuilding this trust can take some time.  I do expect that with the iMessage stuff that was released yesterday (SMS/MMSoIP to email/phone#) many more companies will shift to using that instead as the value of BBM is decreased.
>
> I also wonder what the impact of iMessage and others will be on places like hotel networks as the devices camp out longer/more often on the wifi, etc.  We observed the impact to a hotel of the NANOG crowd this week (i wonder if there will be lessons learned on the part of lodgenet, etc?)

If we talking about iMessage as replace of BBM, that's probably fine,
but it's really niche market.
I was really expecting them to release that stuff and allow desktop
users to chat with idevice and making iMessage s2s(XMPP) compatible, so
anyone could chat with idevice, even not supporting all fancy features,
but at least dumb texting.