[outages] News item: Blackberry services down worldwide

Jamie Bowden jamie at photon.com
Thu Oct 13 15:55:49 UTC 2011

As of 2.3[.x?] (can't remember if it's a sub release that intro'd this),
Android devices can be wholly encrypted, though I don't know if they are
by default. All these kludges are great on a small scale, but the BES
does end to end encryption for transmission, plugs into Exchange, Lotus,
Sametime, proxies internal http[s], and lets us manage policies and push
out software updates from a central management point.  When it works,
it's also scalable, which matters when you have thousands of devices to
manage.

Jamie