Botnets buying up IPv4 address space

Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo carlos at lacnic.net
Wed Oct 12 17:34:06 UTC 2011

I don't buy the "bad-guys-rig-policies" thing... but well, I could be wrong.

But regarding your second comment, yes, I do believe that bad guys
take the path of least resistance whenever possible. At some point
IPv6 will look attractive to them and they will start using it.

My logs show that I get spam over IPv6, so some bad guys might be
already doing it.

cheers!

Carlos