DPI deployment use case

Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:31:10 UTC 2011

Apparently Telcos are faced with implementing the following algorithm
to create value-added services:

- Take service S with provides value Y
- Artificially remove value, creating new service V
- Price V at the same level as S
- Offer old S at a higher price point and market it as a "value added"
service, compared to V

One would have thought that "value added" referred to well, *adding*
value to what already exists, not rehashing current offers and
artificially limiting them.

But then again, I don't think like a marketing person.

If you want a funny look at a not-so-funny and grim possible future
scenario, you might want to read this:
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/~olaf/LACNIC_XVI_Meat_and_Greed.pdf

regards

Carlos