meeting network

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Oct 11 14:48:23 UTC 2011

On 11/10/2011 14:12, John Curran wrote:
> is far better today then in the past, as there have been many conferences
> over the years where step 1 was pulling the coax or fiber through the
> hotel to establish their first-ever network infrastructure...  :-)

There is nothing more dispiriting than "yeah sure, you can pull in that
fibre cable, but only on condition that you remove it immediately after the
[conference|meeting|whatever] is over.  We already have the Internet".

Then they point at the 2Mb DSL wifi AP and expect you to be impressed at
their technology.

Nick