new guest room SSID for NANOG

Joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Tue Oct 11 04:44:59 UTC 2011

On 10/10/11 17:12 , Randy Carpenter wrote:

> Very nice. I wonder if this is an option we could try to use in
> future meetings. It makes sense, really, since we already have decent
> connectivity for the conference areas, and we wouldn't be destroying
> the hotel's outside connection (only their WiFi ;-) )

having negotiated or attempted to negotiate this as part of a number of
hotel contracts, I'd note that while nice to have this is not always
possible, so while I'd put it on the list, if it becomes a deal-breaker
it would substantially reduce the number of available venues or result
in payment of significant considerations to the hotel for the lost
revenue from non-nanog guests to the hotel, for whom internet is
generally an upsell unless included in their rate.