nanog53 network status

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Oct 10 16:43:35 UTC 2011

On 10/10/2011 16:01, Anton Kapela wrote:
> Please relay any outstanding issues my way--I'll route to Verilan,
> which is handling the network and wireless support for the meeting.

If Verilan has the ability to limit client power settings, these should
also be reduced as far as possible.   Some drivers ignore these hints,
because the software driver authors know that MOAR POWER means better
connectivity, right?.  Verilan may find that completely disabling a tiny
number of badly-behaved clients can dramatically improve quality of service
for everyone else.

Nick