meeting network

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:50:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Dobbins, Roland <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2011, at 7:46 PM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
>
>> if it's wifi that's causing the trouble, the usual causes are:

is the complaint the hotel ROOM wireless? or the meeting-room? I
noticed the nanog-a-secure bounce me 2x, so I moved back to
ipsec-tunnel on nanog-a.. in the past nanog (plain) has been more
'stable' for me in general (and all you mac users can happily fight
over -a!)

As to the hotel room wifi... apparently when you have 490 rooms in the
hotel (full) and only provision your internal NAT space as a /23 ...
things work 'fine' most days. When a networking conference comes to
visit with 3+ devices requiring IP in each room... the whole hotel
network stops :( Last night the display systems in the lobby and the
hotel registration machines were all broken :( The hotel's network
people (in NYC) are supposedly 'on a fix', who knows... (is expanding
the nat subnet THAT hard?)

-chris