Telus mail server admin

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Oct 7 18:00:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 13:43:00 EDT, Rich Kulawiec said:
> I'd like to see it made list policy that anyone posting with such an
> appended threat be given exactly what they're demanding -- i.e.,
> unsubscribed immediately and permanently.

Every once in a while, I reply back and remind the person with the disclaimer
that just hitting delete doesn't *actually* get rid of the message, and ask if
their organization is willing to reimburse us for the costs of *securely*
erasing the offending message off our inbound mail gateway, the AV/spam
scanners, the central mail routing hub, the mailbox store, and the backups of
all of those systems. (And let me tell you - dissapearing a specific piece of
data off an NSR Legato backup without losing all the other data on the backup
is *really* hard. Trust me on this one. ;)

For some reason, they almost never reply in the affirmative. ;)