passive bandwidth estimation

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Wed Oct 5 08:18:07 UTC 2011

I used a passive TCP RTT calculator and TCP re-trans monitor to guess the conditions to a host or group of hosts with some success. I the. Derived the network "weather" from this and it worked pretty well to dynamically tune DPI box policing for wireless networks.

It also makes cool graphs. Especially if you add other parameters and do it all in various colours.

--
Leigh