F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET moved to Beijing?

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 04:26:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>> DNSSEC should help this issue dramatically. This however could be problematic
>> if the Chinese govt (or any repressive regime) decides to ban the use of
>> technology that allows a user to identify when they're being repressed.
> We won't be permitted to see the repression inherent in the system?

You actually think China will be the first to ban DNSSEC?  Maybe,
but It will probably be banned first indirectly,  by governments
legislating requirements of SPs
that are incompatible with DNSSEC.

The repression is at home in the form of the US PROTECT IP  bill that
will provide
a framework for DNS authorities, domain registries, and ISPs/operators of
non-authoritative nameservers to be sent letters requiring them to modify DNS

-JH