ATT GigE issue on 11/19 in Kansas City

Stefan netfortius at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:53:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Brad Fleming <bdflemin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2011, at 8:17 PM, <comptech at kc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> We lost several of our GigE links to AT&T for 6 hours on 11/19, anyone else see this and get a root cause from AT&T? All I can get is that they believe a change caused the issue.
>>
> We lost several (but not all) of our Optiman circuits on 11/19 at about 10:20am. We were told the root issue was that all VLANs in one of their switches had been accidentally deleted / removed. We were never able to get any additional detail (like "how") but services were restored about 16:45.

+1 to the above - we received the following RFO, from the their NOC:

"All impacted VLANS were rebuilt to restore service. It is believed
there were some configuration changes that caused the VLAN troubles. A
case has been opened with Cisco to further investigate the root
cause."

***Stefan Mititelu
http://twitter.com/netfortius
http://www.linkedin.com/in/netfortius