IPv6 prefixes longer then /64: are they possible in DOCSIS networks?

Dmitry Cherkasov doctorchd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:09:24 UTC 2011

Steven,

SLAAC is prohibited for using in DOCSIS networks, router
advertisements that allow SLAAC must be ignored by end-devices,
therefore DHCPv6 is the only way of configuring (if not talking about
statical assignment). I have seen at least Windows7 handling this
properly in its default configuration: it starts DHCPv6 negotiation
instead of auto-configuration.

Dmitry Cherkasov