First real-world SCADA attack in US

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Nov 24 03:02:36 UTC 2011

> Like any of the decades largest breaches this could have been avoided by
> following BCP's.  In addition SCADA networks are easily protected via
> behavioral and signature based security technologies.

Is there a BCP that covers security for SCADA?

Note that Google for "BCP SCADA" finds
  BS-25999 Business Continuity Plan Implementation Checklist ...

Suppose a friend of yours was a low-level geek working for either a
user/operator of a SCADA system or a vendor of software/hardware for that
market.  If he asked you for info about security, where would you send him?
(Assume he knows all about SCADA but little about networks or security.)

For that matter, is there any good security info for small to medium sized
businesses?  Say a local store, travel agency, or doctor/dentist.