First real-world SCADA attack in US

Brett Frankenberger rbf+nanog at panix.com
Tue Nov 22 23:23:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 06:14:54PM -0500, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

That protects against a conflicting output from the controller at the
same time the conflict monitor completely dies (assuming its death is
in a manner that removes voltage from the relays).  It doesn't protect
against the case of conflicting output from the controller which the
conflict monitor fails to detect.  (Which is one of the cases you
seemed to be concerned about before.)

     -- Brett