Security Contact from broward.k12.fl.us (was: Security Contact from k12.fl.us)

Nathan Eisenberg nathan at atlasnetworks.us
Wed Nov 16 20:05:55 UTC 2011

I wanted to follow up and thank the list for their assistance in getting a contact with Browards' IT management team.  There were several people who helped me find the right email address to notify.

Side note: I received a number of cynical emails opining on the globally sloppy nature of school district IT departments, and suggesting that I not even bother to tell them about a security issue.  I'd like to provide this case as evidence to the contrary.  Once I'd sent an email to the right place, the call came within 30 minutes.  The person I spoke with was grateful (as any of us would be) for the notification, and seemed intent on addressing the issue.

So, just a data point! :)  Back to our operational (repeat) discussion on the security characteristics of NAT, and how many angels can dance on a pinhead.

Nathan Eisenberg