Have they stopped teaching Defense in Depth?

Jamie Bowden jamie at photon.com
Wed Nov 16 16:20:28 UTC 2011

How is that any different than a proxy server, really?  From the inside,
your apps are either NAT aware or proxy aware, but either way, you're
not directly exposed to the world and all your traffic comes from one
place as far as the world is concerned.  I live behind both (NAT at
home; all external traffic of any type (assuming it's even allowed) is
proxied at work), and both suck in different and exciting ways.

Jamie