Arguing against using public IP space

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Nov 14 06:21:47 UTC 2011

On Nov 14, 2011, at 9:24 AM, Joe Greco wrote:

> Getting fixated on air-gapping is unrealistically ignoring the other threats out there.

I don't think anyone in this thread is 'fixated' on the idea of airgapping; but it's generally a good idea whenever possible, and as restrictive a communications policy as is possible is definitely called for, amongst all the other things one ought to be doing.

It's also important to note that it's often impossible to *completely* airgap things, these days, due to various interdependencies, admin requirements (mentioned before), and so forth; perhaps bastioning is a more apt term.

		The basis of optimism is sheer terror.

			  -- Oscar Wilde