Arguing against using public IP space

McCall, Gabriel Gabriel.McCall at thyssenkrupp.com
Sun Nov 13 23:12:19 UTC 2011

Google for "NAT is not a security feature" and review all the discussions and unnecessary panic over a lack of NAT support in IPv6. If your SCADA network can reach the public internet then your security is only as good as your firewall, whether you NAT or not. If your SCADA network is completely isolated then it doesn't make a bit of difference what addresses you use.