Firewalls - Ease of Use and Maintenance?

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Wed Nov 9 10:07:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 09:13 +0100, Seth Mos wrote:
> I am biased because I am a pfSense developer.
>
> pfSense is a free open source FreeBSD based firewall with the pf
> packet filter. http://www.pfsense.org

I'm a very happy user of m0n0wall and I know pfSense is often seen as
the more 'grown up' variant.

Still though, I hear bad things of the IPv6 support in pfSense. It's
"available" but not stock-standard & supported.

How does the pfSense developer attitude towards filtering the entire
Internet, IPv6 included, currently stand?

Tom