where was my white knight....

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Nov 9 03:54:00 UTC 2011

On Nov 8, 2011, at 7:28 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

> fwiw, we have not tested the scaling of rpki-rtr performance as much as
> we might have.  we synthesized an rpki cache with roas for all the
> prefixes in a current table, 370k of them or whatever, and let routers
> load that cache from zip to full.  for low-end routers and a mediocre
> cache server, either local or across noam, it took less than five
> seconds.  this was small enough that we moved on to other stuff.
>
> randy

Did you do this on routers that already had fully converged tables, or,
did you bootstrap the table load into the routers at the same time
as would be the case in a power failure, post-crash reboot, software
upgrade, etc.?

If only the former, may I suggest that at least doing some level of the
latter might prove a useful exercise?

I apologize for this mildly operational question. Y'all can go back to
Randy's fud-laiden black helicopters now.

Owen