XO blocking individual IP's

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Nov 8 14:27:40 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: clayton at haydel.org

> > "transit provider". Is XO the end-access provider for either you or the
> > destination site? Or are both of those on some other connection, and XO
> > is a bystander along the way?
>
> We're a direct customer. The IP's that I've seen them block have been
> both on our network and on remote networks, so I suspect their
> filtering would affect any traffic that happened to pass over XO.

Ah, ok.  Well, that certainly gives them standing to be filtering the traffic;
whether you think their reasoning is justified becomes a different level of
question at that point.

I concur with you that their filtering probably isn't justified, but I suspect
you'd find your contract permits it.

Cheers,
-- jra