Time Warner Telecom problems

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Mon Nov 7 15:54:25 UTC 2011

> Gizmodo is reporting problems at Time Warner Telecom .... we're suffering
> from it too and calls to the NOC have not been answered so far...  does
> anyone have any further information?
>
> http://gizmodo.com/5857010/massive-time-warner-outage-hits-the-us

Actually, it looks to me like they mean "Time Warner", because that's
what they said.

The company once known as "Time Warner Telecom" has always been a
different entity, and hasn't been known as that in some time, now
being called "twtelecom."  Much of that company is what was once
known as inc.net, a Milwaukee area provider of the '90's.

Time Warner Cable appears to have experienced an implosion this morning,
being out of service for about 11 minutes.  During that time, packets
originating here in Milwaukee quickly died in Chicago;

 1  76.46.192.1  8.320 ms  9.900 ms  7.974 ms
 2  24.160.230.32  7.967 ms  5.975 ms  8.479 ms
 3  24.160.229.132  8.471 ms  7.969 ms  10.991 ms
 4  24.160.229.193  9.972 ms  9.973 ms
    24.160.229.197  9.985 ms
 5  * * *
 6  * * *

while packets destined for RR all seemed to be headed out to SJC, from
what I can tell.

... JG