Performance Issues - PTR Records

Matt Chung itsmemattchung at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 01:27:48 UTC 2011

We really have no objections to creating records for our IPs however there was no compelling reason previously. With the manifestation of performance issues, we are currently creating a generic record for our addresses.

I assumed that the applications would take absent records into consideration instead of waiting and timing out before responding with data. Trying to troubleshoot this issue from the limited visibility is difficult ; the latency the application is introducing is abstracted (unless I am unaware of that troubleshooting technique).

Sent from my iPhone