BGP conf

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Thu Nov 3 00:01:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Edward avanti <edward.avanti at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry, my english not so perfect, at no time I mean send to IX what Verizon
> send me, I'm not THAT stupid hehe
> I mean if destination/origin is via IX, then send THAT traffic only by IX
> and not Verizon.

I understood what you mean.  The recommendations in my earlier reply
are still the best ones you've received:
1) hire a consultant to assist you both now and with any future problems
or 2) do not worry about being multi-homed, because the extra
complexity will do you more harm than good

Imagine if you took your car to a shop and asked for new tires, and
the mechanic said, "well, I have never changed tires before and I'm
not sure I have the right tools, but if you give me a couple of days I
think I can read about it on the Internet and figure it out."  Of
course you would not buy tires from him, you would go to another shop.
 That mechanic would quickly find that, if he wants to sell tires, he
needs to learn how to install them or hire someone to do it for him.

What you are asking your boss/company to do is trust you to put tires
on their car without the right tools or knowledge.  The result of that
is probably how your network will end up: "a wreck."

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts