Network Asset/Service Track/Management

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Tue Nov 1 09:29:37 UTC 2011

Payam Poursaied (me) writes:
> Hi all
>
> I'm looking for a system to keep track of network assets and also periodic services in each pop site. Currently we have
> about 500 pop-sites. In each site we have DSLAMs, Linecards and also some passive equipments including terminals, racks
> and ..
>
> Also each site may have some recurring fees/services. Something like transit link, power, rental space and .
>
> Could you please share your experience with me

	Hi Payam,

	Some of what you mention can be handled with Netdot (https://netdot.uoregon.edu).

	There is built-in support for maintenance contract definitions, but some
	customization might be required. The good part about netdot is that it
	will automate some of the inventory management if it has SNMP access to
	your devices. Asset mgmt support is rather good for Cisco equipment, but
	would have to be tested for other vendors.

	Cheers,
	Phil