Verisign Internet Defence Network

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Mon May 30 15:05:19 UTC 2011

Normally when mitigation is put in place, they advertise a  more specific prefix from as26415, scrub the traffic and hand it back to you over a gre tunnel...

Obviously some design consideration goes into having services in prefixes you're willing to de-agg in such a fashion... I'd also recommend advertising the more specific out your own ingress paths before they pull your route otherwise the churn while various ASes grind through their longer backup routes takes a while.