Resilient streaming protocols

Pete Carah pete at altadena.net
Sun May 29 08:31:08 UTC 2011

On 05/28/2011 06:29 PM, Tim Jackson wrote:
> You mean like ProMPEG?
Or Flute (open-source, streaming protocol only without library
management, the last I saw; also had some of what I'd consider bugs,
like it wouldn't recover from the receiver starting in the middle of a
carousel send.  It has been a couple of years since I've looked at it,
so some of this may be fixed now)
or Kencast Fazzt (expensive, but by far the most popular among satellite
operators from what I've seen, works fine on one-way systems with no
return path and has a nice library manager frontend), or several other
commercial offerings, and several more mostly home-grown software
systems that are run in closed networks that sell file delivery and they
don't sell their software...

-- Pete