Rogers Canada using 7.0.0.0/8 for internal address space

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed May 25 20:24:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 02:43:24PM -0400, Christopher Pilkington wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Michael Dillon
> <wavetossed at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > So we should CONDONE such borrowing and recommend a couple of /8s to
> > use in North America. Perhaps one could be DOD for those operators
> > that do not carry any DOD traffic and one could be that /8 from
> > Softbank Japan, 126/8 if I recall it correctly. People who carry DOD
> > traffic could borrow the APNIC block.
>
> I recommend 44/8.  Does it make sense that ham radio operators have
> routable IP address space any longer?  (Seems to be still advertised,
> though.)
>
> -cjp (n2mcs)

	I recommend (if we are going down the path of being pirates...)
	77.0.0.0/8  - only 0x1.net is in that space as far as I can tell
	and its easy enough to put them behind a NAT...

	NOTE WELL - Just because -you- (for values of you) see no value in
	space assigned, does NOT give you the right to hijack said space
	for your own purposes.   Nor does it look well  for you to advocate
	hijacking someone elses space....

	YMMV of course.

/bill