New vyatta-nsp list

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Tue May 24 21:44:23 UTC 2011

On May 24, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Brent Jones wrote:

> Well, with the new Juniper entry level MX devices out now, the cost
> difference between Vyatta and Juniper is probably insignificant now,
> and with Juniper devices, you have much higher PPS rate.
>
> Granted, I have Vyatta devices now doing BGP, and they work fine, but
> you can't argue that ASICs can forward much faster than a general
> purpose CPU  :)
>
> To each their own

So the applications where I've deployed vyatta have a lot to do with having a topological need for a router/firewall/ipsec tunnel termination point in a VM.

Im some cases I'm not particularly proud of the results. but it's not a use case that juniper presently addresses.

devices down in srx210/240/ja2320 land are a rather different keetle of fish in comparision to an mx80/mx240.