blocking unwanted traffic from hitting gateway

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Sat May 21 22:34:43 UTC 2011

For what it's worth, here are some things I did to cut down on
broadcast traffic until I figure out the other pieces

--Putting router in between subscribers and gateway (handles thousands
of ARP requests every minute much better than Linux)
--DCHP relay on one of the northbound interface of the new router
(which points towards subscriber gateway)
--DHCP unicast settings on the CPE devices

Seems to have helped a lot, which leads me to believe it is much more
related to broadcast than I previously thought.