Yahoo and IPv6

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Wed May 18 19:36:35 UTC 2011

Paul Vixie wrote:
> time in Nicaragua he said that he has a lot of days like this and he'd
> like more work to be possible when only local connectivity was available.
>
> Compelling stuff.  Pity there's no global market for localized services
> or we'd already have it.  Nevertheless this must and will get fixed, and
> we should be the generation who does it.

I have found that the general theme is to move services that were
traditionally available inside an office network (source control, email,
ticketing/bug tracking systems, storing documents, corporate "wikis"
etc.) to an external place, perhaps even outsourced to one of the
virtual server or "software as a service" providers.

I am not a particular fan of that trend, but I can see the pros and cons
of doing it. It doesn't look like that's going to stop any time soon,
let alone be (partially) reversed.

Regards,
Jeroen

--