IPv6 gateway, was: Re: IPv6 foot-dragging

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Mon May 16 15:20:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Jeroen van Aart <jeroen at mompl.net> wrote:

> Something like:
> -I FORWARD -j DROP
> -I FORWARD -s 2001:db8::/64 -j ACCEPT
> -I FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

Double check the kernel version you have.  IIRC kernels before 2.6.20
didn't have the ability to do RELATED,ESTABLISHED in ipv6.  This hit
me on a CentOS box that I was using as a gateway.  I am unaware if
there is a version of their 2.6.18 that has the patches backported
(googling seemed to indicate it has not been done, and most are just
waiting for new release of CentOS 6).  RH6 works properly.

--
Regards...      Todd
"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but