Yahoo and IPv6

Jima nanog at jima.tk
Sun May 15 18:03:16 UTC 2011

On 2011-05-15 10:28, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
> On 5/15/2011 6:49 AM, Cameron Byrne wrote:
>> We have agreed to disagree on the value of this before. Sorry your not
>> so popular protocol is going the way of EGP .... it's just not fit for
>> the evolving internet and will be subject to natural deselction. I am
>> sure you will disagree with that and insist every end user must always
>> support ipv4 because rtmfp is top of mind for so many users .... but
>> we can leave it at that ....please
>
> ...and we'll agree to disagree on this one (RTMFP)... and users will
> just be ok with BitTorrent and Skype not working on the v6-only + NAT64
> networks you're building, I suppose?

  BitTorrent tends to be an evolving protocol, with lots of clients
competing for mindshare; I'm not certain that limitation will remain.
As for Skype, it seems like that is potentially a business decision on
Microsoft's behalf.  With the money they may be sinking into the
technology, I would contend they have something to lose by not making it
work.
  As has been discussed at length on this list, this is NOT an unfixable
issue.

      Jima