coprorations using BGP for advertising prefixes in mid-1990s

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:03:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

Large end-user companies generally multihomed by that time, and you
generally did that by BGP4 at the time (post-1994), and before that
BGP3, and before that EGP, and before that... well, there was little
"commercial ISPness" other than NSFNet connectivity and the regional
networks back then so multihoming was somewhat of a moot point.

Thank you again, UUNet/Alternet and PSI!

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com