IPv6 foot-dragging

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu May 12 13:19:21 UTC 2011

On 2011-May-12 15:14, Joe Loiacono wrote:
> Bernhard Schmidt <berni at birkenwald.de> wrote on 05/12/2011 06:27:38 AM:
>
>> Anthony Francis - Handy Networks LLC <anthony at handynetworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I can confirm full IPV6 connectivity from HE.
>>
>> How can you confirm that when HE just admitted to be lacking IPv6 routes
>> from Cogent and a couple of other players?
>
> Anyone know roughly the current default-free routing table size for IPv6?

http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/status/

3668 good/required prefixes
Minimum of 271 prefixes (-3397)
Average of 5322 prefixes (+1654)
Maximum of 5917 prefixes (+2249)

As you can see, some folks seem to carry HALF of the table EXTRA than
they need.... let alone that poor ISP which is carrying almost 2/3s
more, I don't have time to check into it, but I wonder how much junk is
in there....

> Or, who holds the record for the largest IPv6 routing table at this point?

Having more routes does not mean that the routes are useful... far from
actually...

Greets,
 Jeroen