Yahoo and IPv6

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Mon May 9 21:57:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
> I'd like to see more progress getting there than finger pointing.

I would, too; but one harsh reality is that vendors are driven by
RFPs, not by what they consciously know their customers will need in
the near future.  Why should vendors invest money in features that
aren't needed to sell routers?  If customers are dumb enough to buy
them anyway, they'll buy *another* router to get those features in the
future.

I do take issue with your suggestion that /64 LANs are in any way
smart in the datacenter.  They are not.  I have some slides on this
topic: http://inconcepts.biz/~jsw/IPv6_NDP_Exhaustion.pdf

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts