Cent OS migration

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Mon May 9 19:57:33 UTC 2011

On 5/9/11 11:58 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

if you mean they forked  from a common tree around 1976, sure but beyond
that the similarities are superficial.

http://www.levenez.com/unix/unix.pdf

> Linux
>> is like
>> the cute girl that moved into town. Stuff isn't always where you
>> expect
>> to find it,
>> and you may get a surprise if you reach into the wrong place.

If one's introduction to operating systems was less than 35 years ago
maybe not, the analogy posed is completely mysterious me.

> Oh, don't *even* send him to BSD.
>
> CentOS and SuSE 11 are the only rational free Linuces for business use.

that's an opinion, certainly there are a diversity of opinions to the
contrary with sufficient scale to disprove that handily.

> *Any* of the BSDs are so much less well supported that they'll drive you
> straight up a wall.

Start with, "what is the most appropriate tool for the problem I am
trying to solve"