Current recommendations for 2 x full bgp feed

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Sat May 7 14:34:08 UTC 2011

I do it currently with Cisco 2821 routers with 1 GB of RAM, so it doesn't take all that much for just the BGP. It all depends on the throughput. I have sites that have 7200VXR routers with NPE-G2 and 2GB of RAM that handle 2x 1 Gig feeds, albeit not fully loaded.

For new hardware, I would look at the Juniper M or MX series (depending on your needs) or, if you are wanting Cisco, the ASR series is what to look for. The Juniper routers are going to be less expensive per performance.

-Randy

--
----