OT: Server Cabinet

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed May 4 14:27:11 UTC 2011

In a message written on Wed, May 04, 2011 at 10:09:33AM +0100, Robert Lusby wrote:
> And, no other entrance points. Room is below ground level, with a stupidly
> narrow door frame. Old client building, with a room not originally designed
> for purpose.

I think folks can help you find a bolt together rack, but I urge
you to think one step further.

I'm making an assumption that this is a fairly small room, a closet
or similar.  I do that because even in an old building a room would
not likely have a 2' doorway.  This raises several questions:

Would you be able to get to both sides of the rack and side things
all the way out to service them in this space?

How are you going to cool the space?

Are the power circuits in that room up to powering a full rack of
equipment?

Will fan and equipment noise annoy adjacent rooms?