OT: Server Cabinet

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed May 4 13:20:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 4 May 2011, Joe Greco wrote:

> Good comments so far.  I didn't see this one though:
>
> It's admittedly far from ideal in some ways, but a great way to deal
> with this sort of situation can be to get a pair of two-post open
> frame relay racks; most of them bolt together and can be put just
> about anywhere.  Many times we forget that these can be used as the
> front and back of a single rack.  Remember to tie them together if
> you go that route, attachment to a wall or up top highly recommended
> as well.

I was about to suggest that.  Chatsworth actually makes hardware just for
this.

http://www.chatsworth.com/uploadedFiles/Files/50110_CUT.pdf

We have a number of these which we've used to convert left over 2-post
relay racks into sturdy 4-post racks.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |