HIJACKED: 148.163.0.0/16 -- WTF? Level3 is now doing IP hijacking??

Tony Tauber ttauber at 1-4-5.net
Thu Mar 31 15:33:25 UTC 2011

I don't believe this record indicates that Level3 proxy registered the route
object.
It means that someone used the DBANK-MNT maintainer ID in the Level3 RR to
enter a route object 18 months ago.

It looks like Level3 is originating the route in AS3356, not accepting it
from AS13767 (which is what the object would suggest to do.)

Oops, looks like the route is now gone.  Guess it got cleaned.

Tony

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com