IPv6 SEO implecations?

Ryan Rawdon ryan at u13.net
Tue Mar 29 02:07:10 UTC 2011

On Mar 28, 2011, at 9:50 PM, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> In a message written on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 03:18:30PM -0700, Wil Schultz wrote:
>> I'm attempting to find out information on the SEO implications of testing ipv6 out.
>
> I don't run a web site where SEO is a top priority, so I don't track
> such things.
>
> Quite simply, who's crawling on IPv6?  That is, will any of the
> search engines even notice?
>
> --
>       Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org - CCIE 3440
>        PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/

The only crawling I have seen over IPv6 has come from Google - but I have only seen that on IPv6-only sites, not dual-stack sites:

2001:4860:4801:1302:0:6006:1300:b075 - - [28/Mar/2011:21:54:12 -0400] "GET /p/OWJjZD HTTP/1.1" 200 3790 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"