The growth of municipal broadband networks

Jeffrey S. Young young at jsyoung.net
Sun Mar 27 21:31:11 UTC 2011

On 27/03/2011, at 6:35 PM, "Michael Painter" <tvhawaii at shaka.com> wrote:

> Owen DeLong wrote:
>> On Mar 26, 2011, at 11:36 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

While I agree that laws can and should be changed and I agree that the
USA's telco privatization scheme no longer fits the pace of technology,
those who believe have a long way toward momentum.  Those of us who
believe in a muni or a national broadband infrastructure are opposed by a
mountain of money (to be made) and an army of lawyers.  For instance,
when this army couldn't hope to have muni networking outlawed on a
national basis they turned to each state legislature.  They're ticking off the
states one by one:

http://www.cybertelecom.org/broadband/muni.htm

jy