The growth of municipal broadband networks

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Mar 26 13:28:26 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "George Bonser" <gbonser at seven.com>

> I would say they provide network access only, not content. They would
> be kept out of providing content and kept in the business of reliably
> connecting content to consumer. That would be their focus.

We aren't even suggesting that, George.  We're suggesting that they *provide
access to people who provide network access*; we (most of us, anyway) don't
even think the muni's should provide IP routing.  They should provide
*connectivity* to people who do that.  And given how STBs work these days,
those wholesale customers could even be cablecos, in addition to telcos,
or IAPs.

Cheers,
-- jra